Law student, 23, who died after eating one ‘cannabis gummy’ as police warn against potentially fatal batch of sweets and man, 37, is charged with intent to supply psychoactive substance
- Damilola Olakanmi, from Ilford, east London, bought the ‘gummies’ through app
- The sweets were allegedly delivered to her home, where she fell ill last Tuesday
- Hertfordshire University student was rushed to Queen’s Hospital but later died
- Her friend, 21, from the US, was also seen by doctor but she was later discharged
- Leon Brown, 37, of South Norwood, arrested Friday in connection with the death
A 23-year-old business law student who died after eating a suspected cannabis sweet has been pictured.
Damilola Olakanmi, from Ilford, east London, bought the ‘gummies’ through a messaging app and they were delivered to her home where she fell ill last Tuesday.
The Hertfordshire University student was rushed to Queen’s Hospital, Romford, at around 11.30pm – but died on April 2.
Her 21-year-old friend – a US student visiting the UK – was also seen by medics but was discharged after treatment.
Ms Olakanmi’s mother Wumi, 51, had kept a vigil next to her bed until she passed away on Saturday night.