A lawyer from Buffalo whose expertise includes advising clients on the marijuana industry was named to the state’s new Cannabis Control Board on Wednesday.
Adam Perry was appointed by Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie (D-The Bronx), who got to choose one of the board’s five members.
The move followed last week’s nomination and confirmation of Tremaine Wright, a former Democratic assemblywoman from Brooklyn, as chairperson of the board, which will oversee the regulation of recreational marijuana and related products in the Empire State.
Perry’s Firm Profile Says
Adam concentrates his practice in employment-related litigation and has represented a broad array of employers, including nonprofit organizations, governments, and businesses in complex litigation, with a primary focus on employer/employee disputes of every kind. Adam has a vast number of published opinions from state and federal courts demonstrating successful handling of high-risk, high-dollar employment litigations.
Adam also routinely handles a variety of other legal matters, including those concerning governments, educational institutions, and their officials on a variety of litigation, regulatory, and transactional matters. His more than 25 years of experience serving businesses, nonprofit organizations, municipalities, public authorities, and educational institutions gives him a remarkable depth of experience counseling and representing a diverse and broad base of clients on their most significant matters. His practice includes serving a variety of the government relations needs of his clients.
Adam exclusively practices U.S. law and is admitted to practice in New York and Florida.
- Adam W. Perry Day proclaimed in the City of Buffalo, August 6, 2015
- Minority Bar Association of WNY Legal Service Award, 2015
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (Commercial Litigation) 2013 – 2022
- Listed, Upstate New York Super Lawyers, (Employment Litigation: Defense) 2013 – 2021
- Erie Community College Foundation’s Distinguished Alumni Award, 1996
- Buffalo Business First‘s 40 Under Forty Award, 2000
- Erie Community College President’s Outstanding Alumnus Award, 2004
- Community Action Organization of Western New York Agent of Change Award, 2011
- Community Action Organization of Western New York Corporate Leadership Award, 2015
- Grassroots Inc. Cora P. Maloney Award, 2012